Cuba already receives Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes from the U.S. Postal Service®. Beginning May 23, 2016, we will expand this service to include Priority Mail International Medium and Large Flat Rate Boxes and Priority Mail International parcels. The following limitations will apply:
- Weight Limits:
- Priority Mail International Medium and Large Flat Rate Boxes – 20 lbs.
- Priority Mail International Ordinary Parcels – 22 lbs.
- Maximum Dimensions for Parcels:
- The surface area of the address side of the item to be mailed must be large enough to completely contain the postage, PS Form 2976-E Customs Declaration Envelope – CP 91 (the plastic envelope for the customs form), and any other applicable endorsements or markings. PS Form 2976-E is approximately 10-1/4 inches wide and 7-1/4 inches high.
- Maximum length: 59 inches
- Maximum length plus girth: 108 inches
- For all parcels, length is the longest side of the parcel, and girth is the measurement around the thickest part that is perpendicular to the length.
- Pricing Groups:
- Priority Mail International Medium and Large Flat Rate Box – Flat Rate Country price group 8
- Priority Mail International parcels – Country price group 9
- Customs Form: Each Priority Mail International Medium or Large Flat Rate Box and weighted parcel must bear a properly completed PS Form 2976-A Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note – CP 72 placed inside a PS Form 2976-E, Customs Declaration Envelope – CP 91.
- Insurance and Indemnity:
- Priority Mail International parcels containing non-negotiable documents are insured against loss, damage or missing contents up to $100 at no additional charge. Parcels containing merchandise are insured against loss, damage, or missing contents up to $200 at no additional charge.
- No additional document reconstruction or merchandise insurance will be available for purchase.
- Value Limit: Regardless of the service used, Cuban national regulations limit the value of merchandise to $200. Items containing goods over this limit may be confiscated upon entering Cuba or returned to sender.
- Free Matter for the Blind: With the addition of Priority Mail International parcel service, mailers will be able to send Free Matter for the Blind in Priority Mail International parcels up to 15 pounds.
The Postal Service plans to establish Priority Mail Express International® service to Cuba during late summer 2016